In receiving the award and am to share 11 things about myself, answer the nominators questions, and then tag the award to other bloggers!
Here goes 11 things:
1. My middle name is Lee... and I love it - it is spelled the "guy way" because it was also my dad's middle name.
2. I am the 5th of my moms six kids! That is a lot of siblings.
3. I LOVE teaching. It is my favorite thing to impart knowledge about something to others - and teaching young children is the most fun!
4. I doodle when I am listening to speeches, lectures, talking on the phone etc... I promise I am listening I just like to doodle.
5. When I was little my younger brother and I used to collect slugs and snails on rainy days and put them in a bucket, on sunny days we would collect daddy long legs... but no I am super afraid of spiders.
6. I am incredibly claustrophobic. I don't EVER take elevators if I can avoid it - I once walked to the 9th floor of a building because the elevator looked to sketchy. I don't mind being in them, it is being stuck in them that I am afraid of. I always assume that hospital elevators are ok because they have to transport people who are in quick need of care in them so they must keep them up to date and running perfectly.
7. I was looking at my college transcripts recently and couldn't believe that I got 5 - 4.0s while there and I was on honor roll 8 times! Crazy!
8. Austin and I have watched all of the Harry Potter movies multiple times - we love them... Prisoner of Azkaban is playing on my tv right now in fact. We have gone to a ton of midnight showings!
9. I like to have a schedule. Even when I am on summer right now - being by myself all day gets boring if I am not giving myself things to accomplish and do - for example: baking homemade bread, making more involved dinners, scrubbing the bath tub etc. That last one is the most fun.. (HA)
10. Yogurt covered raisins or pretzels are my favorite snack... I love and crave them all of the time. I also really like to eat lemons with salt on them. I just try not to for fear that my dentist will be able to tell that my teeth are being eaten away by citric acid.
11. I look younger than I am -I have been told MANY times, too many times, that I look anywhere between 12-18... even though I am in my mid 20s. I know that when I am 40+ I'll appreciate this, right?
Here are the questions I am required to answer:
- What is your favorite dessert? Ice cream - hands down - vanilla with chocolate sauce - or cookie dough - or brownies
- Are you more into yoga or running? Running...
- What was your most memorable vacation? hmmm... does living in Taiwan count as a vacation? If not my honeymoon was pretty great!
- Coke or Pepsi fan? I don't drink any soda... at all... except soda water.
- Who is your favorite college football team? Oregon State Beavers of course! Can't wait for football to start!
- What is one thing you cannot live without and why? Definitely Austin - he keeps me sane, though sometimes he drives me insane, so also a pair of running shoes for those days.
- How did you get into blogging? I started blogging right before our wedding as a way to track the things that were going on and to find something happy in every day to blog about - it has turned into an amazing journal deal of not only my training but some of my favorite things that I do that I wouldn't want to forget. I even go back and read through it sometimes.
- Also, how did you get to the name of your blog? I love to watch kids movies and there is one called Meet the Robinsons about a young boy inventor. His motto is to "Keep Moving Forward" and never give up. That is how I feel about life!
- When was your favorite race and why is it your favorite? I have loved almost every single race... My absolute favorite would have to probably be the Eugene Marathon I had such a great time and felt so much love and support from my family and friends.
- What is one luxury you cannot live without? Hmm. I want to say my car but I could live without that except for on super rainy days. So maybe in the modern world it would definitely be a computer - I have to have it to communicate and do work!
- Your favorite song to run to right now is what? I've actually recently stopped listening to music when I run - but when I run a hard work out I like rock music like Godsmack and when I run my long runs I like easy stuff like Mumford and Sons or Florence and the Machines.
Melissa at Run Scoots Run
Whitney at Whit likes Fit
Megan at Run Like a Grl
Steph at Bite by Bite
Janae at Hungry Runner Girl
Here are their questions to answer:
1. Where is your most favorite place that you have ever been?
2. What is your go to snack?
3. What is your favorite book?
4. Did you like your elementary school teachers?
5. What was the first organized sport that you ever played?
6. Which pet did you have that was your favorite?
7. Do you prefer gum or mints?
8. What was the best final match/race you watched during the Olympics (doesn't have to be this year!)
9. When going on vacation to you like to discover or relax?
10. Coffee or tea?
11. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Have fun getting to know these other blogs and if the Leibster Award brought you here, thanks for taking a peek see at Keep Moving Forward! Please leave a comment with your thoughts and come back to visit often!